As expected national UK radio is waiting to see how the single charts before they will consider “Blind to the Beautiful” for airplay. It’s the usual Catch 22 situation no plays = little awareness = weak chart position!
However the good news is that local radio especially the regional BBC stations have been really supportive and the 14 or so interviews conducted last week have already made a ripple.
If you know these stations I’d appreciate if you could drop them a message to thank them and ask for the song to be played again!
Every piece of support counts at this moment and I can only do so much from my end. I am working very hard to try and make this happen and hopefully the UK tour will help swell the support for the song at radio. But I need some noise made this week to try and get an entry to the charts that brings the song to the attention of wider media most of whom are sitting on the proverbial fence just now!
The BBC stations and presenters I have talked with are –
- BBC Northampton – afternoon show
- BBC Eastern Counties- Bridget Metcalfe
- BBC Bristol – Laura Rowlings
- BBC Suffolk – Stephen Foster
- BBC Three Counties – Justin Dealey
- BBC West Midands – drive time with Paul Franks
- BBC Sussex – Alison Ferns
- BBC Hereford and Worcester – Max Thomas
- BBC Norfolk – Sunday Show Steven Bumphey
- BBC Wales – Alan Thompson
- BBC Devon- Vic Morgan Freeman
- BBC Sheffield – Paulette
- BBC Kent – Tim Addicott
- BBC Cambridgeshire – Sue Marchant
- BRFM Cardiff – Gareth Angel
- Leisure FM – David Heaney
- Future Radio – Richard Penguin
- Sunshine radio Cardiff – Jeff Collins
- 101.8 FM – Garry Foster
- GFTM – Andy Fox
Every one of these presenters really liked both the single and the album and I am sure they will be receptive to a request and an email of support!
There’s a link to all the various places you can buy the single, please share as much as possible.
Your help and support on this is hugely appreciated! xx