Fish’s latest album, A Feast of Consequences is now available in the shop with deluxe packaging, 100 page book, bonus DVD and high-quality download.
Order now with a free T-shirt
Not exactly the profile picture I wanted at this point in the tour but this is my 3 times a day nebuliser mask that delivers a spray to get my respiratory system back into working order as prescribed by the doctor in Bielska Biala where it all went horribly wrong.
I apologise but this lurgy that has absolutely side whacked me and beyond means that I have to cancel tonight’s show in Rendsberg and tomorrow’s in Haltern am See and to take the 3 days off in order that I can get some serious recovery time and continue with the rest of the tour.
As the singer I am kibboshed by this. I have perhaps less than 70% of my vocal range but if this is pushed then there is a huge danger that it slides over the edge and recovery could take a lot longer if not become impossible to fulfill the entire tour.
For those that have seen the shows already you are aware that these are powerful performances that involve a lot of effort and up till Warsaw I have been on full song and delivering stronger vocals than ever before.
I recognised before Warsaw that I had been hit by a virus and had hoped it was a simple flu bug that I could outwit with basic meds. I woke up in B Biala on the bus and recognised it was more complicated. A day off mostly spent in bed didn’t get me back in the frame and I decided next morning that to play the show there that night could have gambled the entire European tour.
The doctor who saw me backstage at the gig declared it as a viral infection and agreed that to sing on the night risked the chance of weakening me further and recommended 4 days off. He thought that maybe the voice would recover in a couple of days but this morning in Rendsberg I knew that I hadn’t recovered enough to make the show without running into the same long term problems.
As singer I am obviously the weakest link when it comes down to being unable to perform with viruses due to breathing difficulties and throat strains through infections but I also have to look after my team who are all also suffering. My inability to perform at an acceptable level is the principal reason for cancellation of these 2 shows and I decided to cancel for this reason.
The 3 days we have off before Friedberg gives my entire team time to rest and recover as everyone is going through different stages of the virus.
Friedberg is our next target and with the 3 days break I am confident all will come together again in force.
The Bielska Biala show is now going to be in Krakow in ‘The Studio’ on 19th December and we will be flying in for this show the weekend after what was supposed to be the final gig in Glasgow on the 13th.
The Rendsberg and Haltern gigs are impossible to add before Christmas and as stand alone shows don’t make sense. I have therefore decided to add a small clutch of European shows to make sense of routing and I am looking at booking a couple of weeks in April next year to take in these replacement gigs.
I will do my best to keep everyone up to date with developments and keep you informed once I get more details as to the rescheduling.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused by theses cancellations but matters are completely out of our hands and we can only try and respond as positively as we can given the circumstances.